A camera module provides functions for taking photos by using electronic devices, such as smartphones and table PCs. High-level technologies are required for mobile devices as they become small and slim and customers demand high resolution and multiple functions. We own advanced technologies based on optical, electronic, and electric mechanism design know-how that are necessary for camera modules
Core Parts of a Camera Module
Designing and manufacturing of lenses, actuators, and software are all performed in-house.
※ AF : Auto Focus
※ OIS : Optical Image Stabilizer
Has the in-house capability of developing three core parts for leading in the camera module business. Based on competence, We have continuously promoted the three values: high image quality, miniaturization, and high productivity.
In-house development and application of customized lenses and actuators
- Rights to technology that can handle the specifications designated by customers in the case of camera modules.
- Capable of developing lenses and actuators immediately in responding to a change in the generation and specification of sensors (Lens molds included)
→ Advantageous in terms of speed and flexibility in developing parts compared with other companies
Owning the capability of in-house development of S/W for high-end sectors
- Develop and apply immediately the software required for the interfaces between sensors, modules, phones, the evaluation of modules, and the driving algorithm of actuators
Overview and Core Competence of Lens
Has the technology that gives lenses high resolution and a slim appearance with high yield and productivity.
Introduction of Technology for Differentiating Lenses
Rights to technology for designing, manufacturing, assembling, and evaluating multilayer lenses to satisfy the high-resolution requirements that meet the demands of customers.
Advantages of a multilayer lens : Realizes the same refractive index using two layers ( θ1=θ2+θ3) → Reduces the refraction angle for each layer
- When the layers of lens increase, the refraction angle of each lens layer decrease and the light spread (abberation) be removed.
- As the set gets more compact and demand for high pixels intensifies, it is necessary to secure a multilayer lens design technology and a relevant manufacturing technology to ensure that there will be no spread of light considering that the pixel of the current image sensor is small.
Secured multiple patents for multi-layer lenses
(applied for multiple patents for five-layer and six-layer lens structures, and applied them for high-pixel modules)
Owns a design technology for minimizing flare to secure optimal image quality
The light that entered through an abnormal path be shielded because of the design of the lens optical path
※ Flare : A phenomenon that the light received through an abnormal path beyond the field of view is formed on the image sensor
Overview and Core Competence of Actuators
The key of the autofocus and OIS technologies is the small yet high-performance actuators.
Introduction of Actuator Technology
An actuator moves the lens automatically and swiftly to a position in which the focus is the most appropriate.
AF core performance: 2L(Low Tilt, Power Consumption), 2H(High Speed, Accuracy)
Roles of OIS(Optical Image Stabilizer) - Detects the hand shaking and moves in the opposite direction of the shaking part of the lens to prevent the image from becoming blurred
Advantages of OIS(Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Can take photos clearly and brightly, thanks to OIS and autoexposure control (when exposed for a long period of time) / correction of hand shaking
- Can produce bright and clear photos because of extended exposure time without shaking in low illuminnation
- Minimizes the shaking of videos caused by shaky hands while taking videos
The high performance of OIS1 and OIS2 makes it possible to respond to the needs of customers with optimal solutions.
OIS1 and OIS2 are differentiated based on the support structure (OIS, AF) and the AF control method.
OIS1 is highly competitive in terms of prices, and OIS2 is strongly resistant to external shock.
- OIS support structure : Wire
- AF support structure : Plate Spring
- AF control method : Open Loop
- No position control hall element
- Low Cost
- Wide correction angle
- OIS support structure : Ball
- AF support structure : Ball Guid
- AF control method : Closed Loop
- Position control hall element exists
- Strong shock resistance
- Wide correction angle
※ Support structure: Technology for holding the lens to prevent it from shaking
Overview of Evaluation Technology and Core Competence
Improves the efficiency and productivity of the development, operation, and manufacturing facilities by internalizing the image evaluation software in the finishing process
Overview of Package and Core Competence
Secures high productivity by internalizing precision technology
High-end Camera Module Solution : Dual Camera Module
The use of two camera module images gives the depth application, high-definition correction, and the zoom function of smartphones.
|Certification Standards||Certification No||Issue Date||Expiry Date||Certification|
|ISO 9001 & ISO/TS16949||LC_530868||2013-11-13||2014-11-12||Download|