A camera module provides functions for taking photos by using electronic devices, such as smartphones and table PCs. High-level technologies are required for mobile devices as they become small and slim and customers demand high resolution and multiple functions. We own advanced technologies based on optical, electronic, and electric mechanism design know-how that are necessary for camera modules
Core Parts of a Camera Module
Samsung Electro-Mechanics designs and manufactures its own core parts, including lenses and actuators, and owns proprietary precision packaging technologies. With these parts and technologies, the company pursues three goals: higher quality, smaller size, and higher productivity.
※ AF : Auto Focus
※ OIS : Optical Image Stabilizer
In-house development and application of customized lenses and actuators
- Rights to technology that can handle the specifications designated by customers in the case of camera modules.
- Capable of developing lenses and actuators immediately in responding to a change in the generation and specification of sensors (Lens molds included)
→ Advantageous in terms of speed and flexibility in developing parts compared with other companies
Owning the capability of in-house development of S/W for high-end sectors
- Develop and apply immediately the software required for the interfaces between sensors, modules, phones, the evaluation of modules, and the driving algorithm of actuators
Roles of OIS(Optical Image Stabilizer) - Detects the hand shaking and moves in the opposite direction of the shaking part of the lens to prevent the image from becoming blurred
Advantages of OIS(Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Can take photos clearly and brightly, thanks to OIS and autoexposure control (when exposed for a long period of time) / correction of hand shaking
- Can produce bright and clear photos because of extended exposure time without shaking in low illuminnation
- Minimizes the shaking of videos caused by shaky hands while taking videos
Dual Camera Module
The module offers improved image processing under low-light conditions, which allows users to take high-quality photos even in dark places.
Refocusing and 3-D depth widen the range of users’ picture-taking experience.
Optical zoom produces clearer images than digital zoom.
|Certification Standards||Certification No||Issue Date||Expiry Date||Certification|
|ISO 9001 & ISO/TS16949||LC_530868||2013-11-13||2014-11-12||Download|