A compliance program refers to the system of standing measures and activities that an organization voluntarily adopts to ensure that all employees and executives abide by all the applicable laws and regulations so as to prevent and minimize legal risks and protect the organization and its members.
SEM’s compliance program monitors and identifies all the applicable laws and rules, and carefully assesses likely risks, with a view to fundamentally prevent and minimize noncompliance of all types and forms. The program involves compliance education for all executives and employees, as well as manuals on each item of compliance to which executives and employees can refer in their official conduct. The program also has a built-in system for self- and field-monitoring so as to identify and analyze compliance-related risks in a proactive manner. With its compliance program, SEM continues to follow up with various activities and minimize risks of noncompliance in advance.
The compliance program at Samsung Electro-Mechanics is mainly divided into three processes: prevention, monitoring, and follow-up.
The prevention part includes compliance education for all employees and executives; manuals and guidelines on compliance to which employees and executives can refer in their official conduct; a self-monitoring system; a help desk to handle inquiries with regard to noncompliance and related matters; and a system for monitoring any updates and changes in various laws and regulations.
The monitoring part involves a standing organization that keeps track of possible risks in each single item of compliance around the clock or on a regular basis. Upon identifying any issues or problems, the organization thoroughly analyzes their causes and outcomes, and apply solutions for fundamental improvement. The organization also shares its experiences and case studies with employees and executives as part of their compliance education so as to prevent recurrence.
The follow-up part involves evaluating the level of compliance, assessing measures taken in response to identified issues, and rewards and sanctions that are designed to ensure effective and sustainable operation of the compliance program.
Identification · prevention
- Involves identifying updates and changes in law
- Provides risk-preventing processes and guidance
- Each department has a team that specializes in consulting and monitoring on compliance matters.
- Alternatives and solutions are proposed with respect to monitoring results.
Evaluation · follow-up
- Levels of compliance are evaluated and rewarded/penalized.
- Plans to prevent recurrence are developed and enforced.
Prevention of Corruption
As a world-class company, Samsung Electro-Mechanics strives to meet the most rigorous of all legal and ethical standards in all regions it operates in.
Samsung Electro-Mechanics executives and employees are committed to ensuring the best reputation for their company anywhere in the world by preventing all forms of corruption and bribery, and actively shaping and strengthening a clean organizational culture.
There are three main pillars to Samsung Electro-Mechanics’s anticorruption policy.
No bribery is to be made to, or taken from,
any civil officials or business partners.
‘Strict standards apply to the “convenience” required to do business (including gifts,
meals, transportation and accommodation arrangements, etc.).
All third-party representatives and business partners must comply
with the duties laid down in Samsung Electro-Mechanics guidelines.
Samsung Electro-Mechanics is open to all reports on the breaches and violations of its compliance program.
Subjects of reports
- Violations of the Fair Trade Act, including unfair impositions, unfair transactions, unfair subcontracts, etc.
- Violations of laws pertaining to labor, human rights, privacy protection, trade secrets, safety and security, environmental protection, etc
- The identities of reporters and the details of their reports will be kept strictly confidential.
- Reports, however, must be made using the real names of actual reporters to ensure effectiveness and validity of all related communications
- Reporters, whether executives or employees, will not be subjected to any disadvantage for reporting.
Submit your report by
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Phone : 031-300-7048
- Address : Compliance Group, 4F, 150 Maeyeong-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea (16674)