- ▶Automotive MLCC Tech-Day for 100 domestic automakers and parts manufacturers
- - The first post-pandemic offline event for customers held to strengthen customer engagement marketing
- - Active promotion of automotive MLCCs, such as introducing automotive MLCC technology and providing customized solutions in line with trends
- ▶CEO Chang Duckhyun says, "The automotive MLCC is the future growth engine of Samsung Electro-Mechanics to become a 'top-notch tech components company'"
- - Industry's best high-capacitance, high-voltage, and high-reliability (flexural strength, high-temperature) technology
- - Introducing the company's competitive automotive MLCC technology applicable to future markets such as electric vehicles and autonomous vehicles
Samsung Electro-Mechanics is strengthening strategic partnerships with automotive customers in Korea based on its high-capacitance, high-voltage, and high-reliability (flexural strength, high-temperature) technology for automotive MLCCs.
Samsung Electro-Mechanics held the 2022 Samsung Automotive MLCC Tech-Day for Korean automotive customers at the Busan plant for two days starting June 23.
The first official promotional event for customers after social distancing restrictions were lifted was attended by about 100 customers from major automakers and auto parts manufacturers.
At the event, Samsung Electro-Mechanics shared its long-term vision for automotive MLCCs and presented customized solutions in line with technology trends such as high-capacitance, high-voltage, and high-reliability (flexural strength, high temperature) products.
It also provided lectures and a seminar, where the company introduced the basic principles of MLCC, market conditions, and industry trends and shared the MLCC manufacturing process to help customers understand its products and technology.
The automotive MLCC market is seeing growing demand along with the increase in electric vehicles and autonomous vehicles.
While the number of MLCCs installed in a flagship smartphone is about 900 to 1,100, about 3,000 to 5,000 MLCCs will be needed for an internal combustion engine vehicle and 10,000 or more MLCCs for an electric vehicle.
"Samsung Electro-Mechanics' high-capacitance, high-voltage, and high-reliability (flexural strength, high-temperature) automotive MLCCs can provide differentiated solutions to customers," said Cho Kookhwan, Executive Vice President of Strategic Marketing at Samsung Electro-Mechanics. "We will continue to hold various marketing events for closer communication with our customers.”
Samsung Electro-Mechanics CEO Chang Duckhyun said at the last shareholders' meeting, "Automotive products will become the future growth engine of Samsung Electro-Mechanics with the growth of the electric vehicle and autonomous vehicle market. We are concentrating our capabilities on the automotive business along with next-generation products for the IT sector."
Samsung Electro-Mechanics is a global MLCC manufacturer that develops and produces automotive MLCCs for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), power trains, and anti-lock braking systems (ABS), and more. In particular, the MLCCs of Samsung Electro-Mechanics are superior in terms of lifespan, reliability, and withstand voltage (the highest voltage that the product can withstand without being damaged by voltage) thanks to its technological prowess, such as use of ultra-fine materials and next-generation equipment development.
Samsung Electro-Mechanics plans to expand its market by strengthening its lineup of automotive products with high-temperature, high-voltage, and high-reliability characteristics based on its ultra-small and ultra-high-capacitance MLCC technology.